Monday, June 14, 2010

With love

It has been one year since we said good-bye to Don. The empty space he has left behind still seems so large. Saturday we went to the wedding of a family friend who graduated from High School with Don. It was good to be there but hard at the same time. It is so easy to be saddened thinking about all the things Don had planned for his future but never got to do and yet I realize that even the most joyous things in this life are of no comparison to the happiness he has now. Thank you, Lord, for your promises and the peace they bring! Dave came home for the weekend to attend the wedding and it was great to have him here. He left this morning and the empty house seems extra lonely today. I am doing my best to focus on all my wonderful memories with Don and give thanks for the tremendous blessing of being able to share 25 years of my life with such an incredible person. I am so grateful for all the love, laughter, adventures, lessons, acomplishments, and fun we were able to share. I miss him so much and look forward to being able to be with him again someday. How good it is to know that God is in control of all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jeannette--you are so sweet. This put tears in my eyes. I pray that God will continue to provide His comfort and strength to you and your family.

    Love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete